Author Topic: Harmonica Clinic in Little Rock?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline jawbone and jolene

• View Profile
Harmonica Clinic in Little Rock?
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
Hi Pickoids!  A little blurb about an event I am working to get together.  Events like this can be a benefit to any and all harp players regardless of skill level or preference.  Thanks in advance!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
FROM
Jawbone Kenyon
To any and all Central Arkansas harp players:
I am currently taking a poll to determine if a Blues Harp Clinic would be feasible and possible in Little rock, hosted by REJ Mischo and organized by myself and one or two other people.  RJ would be the guest and teacher, everyone else would hopefully learn some things about our craft from him!
The details are not set yet.  I DO know it will likely take place in April, on a Saturday, and be a 6 to 8 hour clinic.  Venue has yet to be set.  Backup band is yet to be determined.  Cost would hinge on how many participants could sign up and prepay.
My aim is to bring a harp clinic in to our area here.  My work and efforts will be rewarded by my attendance at no cost since I’m doing the ground work.  What that means is, the more folks who want to participate, the less the individual cost will be.  Expenses are a big factor here.  Pay for Rj, room and board, a venue for the clinic, and a backup band, will all cost money and this is what the fee will cover.
I am sending this announcement out to any and all entities and people who may be able to help spread the word.  Any help you as organizations and individuals can give will help to enrich our local music scene.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give!
Jawbone Kenyon