Author Topic: Mixer and effects  (Read 5136 times)

Offline brian

• View Profile
Mixer and effects
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:17:20 PM »
I have a 12 channel stereo Peavy sound mixing board that I have to get out of the house.  I've accumulated too much stuff that I no longer use and it's time to get rid of some of it.  Figured I'd put the word out here before I went elsewhere.

The mixer is a Peavy MC 12 model that I bought back in 1982 or so and used quite a bit for five years or so.  Each channel has a volume fader control, pan control, effects level control, 4 bands of EQ, a separate control for monitor level, and a gain control. On the back, each chnnel has both 1/4" and XLR inputs and an effects send/return.  The unit has spring reverb (and if you knock it real good while it's on it will make that god-awful noise like my old Fender amp does), headphone output and a variety of ways to patch into external amps and such.  This mixer does not have power amp built in so - it requires a separate power amp to drive speakers for PA use.  As far as I know everything works, although the unit would benefit from a little cleaning - the pots are a bit noisy from sitting around without regular use.
I've attached a few photos - hopefully I did it correctly and you can view them.
If anyone wants it for $125 buck (give or take) it's yours.
Also, I have a ADM programmable multi-effects pedal unit (Delay, Chorus, Distortion, Compressor, Noise Gate) that needs to go - $30?.  Any of you have a nephew/neice with a new electric guitar and want to drive your son/daughter crazy?  The perfect Christmas gift!
Thanks all,
Brian Driscoll
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 08:21:09 PM by brian »

Offline BigA

• Administrator
  • Check the calendar for the location of the Jam
    • View Profile
Mixer and effects
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 01:57:46 PM »
Nice mixer ... wish I had know about this one before I bought mine.

Big A

Offline gordon williams

• View Profile
Mixer and effects
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:57:42 PM »
Brian, did you sell your compressor/chorus pedal yet?
Puddin'head