Author Topic: Picking and recording at Studio Joe's this Week 7pm  (Read 3196 times)

Offline BigA

• Administrator
  • Check the calendar for the location of the Jam
    • View Profile
Picking and recording at Studio Joe's this Week 7pm
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »
Friends: This will confirm and expand upon my earlier posting on this subject.  This morning, I got a call-back from Dave, who is Dr. Rob Barrow's manager/sound-man at Studio Joe.  Dave says that they are delighted that we want to come again.  Here's the deal:  This 'open-mike' coffee house venue is normally open to all, every Tue. and Wed. nights.  On this Wed., Nov., starting at 7, the venue will be "closed" to all except Pickoids, their families and guests.  (This is, as I understand it, a 'technicality' to cover the fact that we will be having alcohol available).  --(Big AL, may I assume you can bring the Pickoid stash?).  Again, we are charging $5.00 per person to compensate Studio Joe for their expenses in opening for us.  I will bring a couple of bottles of Wine, they will provide some soft drinks/mixers etc.  Also, Studio Joe does sell sandwiches, snacks, coffee, chip/dip, etc. and we are encouraged to purchase food items to help with the expenses and pay our share.  (Rob. did tell me that if anyone wanted anything special in that regard, they would try to have it available).  If that's you, let me know and we'll see if that can work. Sooo- I'm encouraging all Pickoids who can, to come join us on Wed.  and invite friends/family.  For all who are comfortable doing so, I suggest we should use the stage, mike and sound system they provide, to take full advantage of those amenities.   Let me know any questions but please try to come if possible.  Lookin' forward to a chance to play in a more public venue and a 'different' experience.  It's possible, we can make this a 'regular' event if we so choose.  Don 

Again, directions are.  Financial Parkway west from I-430/Shackleford. Turn right(north) on Autumn Rd. between Purple Cow and Barnes/Noble.  Turn left into parking lot of Sports Authority. Studio Joe is in the South end of Dr. Barrow's office building. (enter on the west side-facing Sports Authority).  Ample parking is avaiable adjacent to the bldg.   

click here for map  http://www.studiojoe.biz

Don
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:18:13 AM by BigA »

msminlr

Re: Picking and recording at Studio Joe's this Week 7pm
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:06 PM »
Would the Pickoids be interested in being included in the list of "Friends of Joe" on the Studio Joe website?

Offline BigA

• Administrator
  • Check the calendar for the location of the Jam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
Sure would .... We are friends of Studio Joe's. So list this web site..

Big A

msminlr

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:14:23 PM »
Excellent. Thanks.