Author Topic: Guitar Repair Inc location & area Luthiers  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Kinch79

• View Profile
Guitar Repair Inc location & area Luthiers
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:32:55 PM »
Hello and thanks to the several of you who have brought your guitars in to have work done, you are much appreciated! 

I've heard from several Pickoids that there is some confusion regarding whether or not Guitar Repair Inc is the same as Little Rock Frets.  Guitar Repair Inc is owned and run by Luthier Justin Kinchen.  While our main location IS in the space that Little Rock Frets formerly occupied, we are a completely separate business with no affiliation whatsoever.  Apologies for any confusion whatsoever.

I also heard several people were wondering about the presence of any Luthiers locally and/or regionally.  Aside from from myself (Justin), I do know that Robert Scoby has been active in Memphis for a few years.  I am actually going to meet him this weekend, but have heard from reliable people that he stands behind his work, is honest, and does quality work.  I am not familiar with Fayetteville at all but I know there is a very esteemed Luthier there who does what appears to be exclusively Orchestral builds and repairs.  Also, Jeff Perkins appears to do Luthiery and studio work but I have not heard or seen anything to be able to comment on.  As far as I am aware, those are the Luthiers active in the area.  There may be others, but this is all I know at the moment. 

All that being said, save yourself a two + hour drive and let me take a look at whats ailing your instrument.  You won't be disappointed.  Thanks all